The FloJa Foundation is engaged in/involved in/occupied with development work in Malawi. The foundation is located at Korte Cieweg 54, 1901 DX Castricum, the Netherlands.
This Privacy Statement applies to the processing of personal data by FloJa Foundation. In the Privacy Statement the following topics will be dealt with:
- Our Privacy Statement
- Which of your personal data do we process and for what purpose?
- What do we do with your data?
- How are your data protected?
- What options do you have to prevent the processing of your data?
- What is the click behaviour of the FloJa Foundation websites?
(www. Flojamalawi.nl and www.ngarapriaryschool.org)
- What is the storage time of your personal data?
For the FloJa Foundation it is of great importance that your personal data are protected. In this Privacy Statement we inform you on how we achieve this. We make every effort to ensure your privacy and deal with your personal data very carefully. The FloJa Foundation complies with/observes all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR in dutch AVG Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming)
This means that:
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided.
- The purpose and type of personal data are incorporated in this Privacy Statement.
- The use and/or processing of your personal data is limited to just those data which are required for the purposes for which they were provided and/or processed.
- Appropriate technical and/or organizational measures have been taken to ensure the protection of your personal data.
- No personal data will be passed on to other parties, unless this is necessary for the realization of the purposes for which they were provided.
- Your legal rights regarding your personal data are known to us.
Which of your personal data do we process and for what purpose?
We gather information about you on a minimal scale for different purposes. We collect the following personal data from you: name, address , e-mail address, telephone number, and bank data (the latter only in case of donations, collection). The processing of these data is necessary for cashing the donations to our foundation.
Websites of the FloJa Foundation
Data such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number and bank data, that come to us via the contact form and/or registration of the newsletter through the websites (www.flojamalawi.nl and www.ngarapriaryschool.org) will only be processed by the FloJa Foundation for the following purposes:
- to call or email you,
- to contact you for the cashing of donations to our foundation,
- to send you the newsletter/ Christmas card.
Periodically we send a newsletter for which you can subscribe. When you choose to do that, you fill out your name and e-mail address. You then will be asked to confirm you subscription. After you have done this, we will use your e-mail address to send you the newsletter with information about the FloJa Foundation, its services and actions, and news regarding our activities in Malawi. Every newsletter offers you the possibility to unsubscribe directly via the unsubscribe link at the bottom/end.
Should you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we would prefer you to contact us directly and as soon as possible, so that we can search and find a solution together. In the unlikely event of us not coming to terms, you can officially complain to the Dutch Data Protection Authority, the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
What do we do with your data?
Our websites are stored and managed by our provider. So all data is stored on the server of our provider, Antagonist BV, Neptunusstraat 27B, 7521 WC Enschede in the Netherlands (KvK09136441). We use the provided personal data only for the purposes described above.
We never give any personal data to others without your explicit consent, except for Antagonist BV with which a processing agreement has been concluded in accordance with the AVG. Antagonist BV has taken all technical measures also in accordance with the AVG.
How are your data protected?
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing:
- Files with personal data are stored in a protected digital environment at our provider. The foundation has its own webmaster who, commissioned by the board, manages all rights to access data. He carries out yearly checks and reports on this to the board. All rights to access data are set at board level and are centrally regulated by the webmaster. Within the FloJa Foundation, only board members have access to your data, plus a few volunteers who received explicit permission for this from the board. They use this data only for the purposes described above.
- All persons who have access to your data on behalf of the FloJa Foundation are bound to confidentiality.
- All our employees have been informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
- We have implemented a username and password policy for all our systems.
- We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents.
Within our foundation, board member Mr. H. Verduin is our personal data protection officer.
What options do you have to prevent the processing of your data?
You can ask the FloJa Foundation to allow access into all personal data it holds about you. You can request that your personal data be improved, supplemented, amended, protected, transferred or deleted. For this you can contact us in writing or by e-mail. You can send your request to our secretariat in the Netherlands, Korte Cieweg 54, 1901 DX Castricum, or e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The FloJa Foundation will respond within four weeks.
What is the click behaviour of the websites of the FloJa Foundation?
General visitor data is recorded on the websites of the FloJa Foundation, without visitors being identified. The purpose of this is to optimize the construction of the website.
This data can also be used to provide visitors of the website with more specified, goal-targeted information.
What is the storage time of your personal data?
Processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. Your personal data is stored by the FloJa Foundation for the above mentioned processing during the term of the agreement, and after that only in the financial accounts for a maximum period of seven years.
Version : 25-12-2021